1578/87 - Palazzo giardino in Sabbioneta

The Palazzo del Giardino was built on the western edge of the city, near the castle, between 1578 and 1587 on commission from Duke Vespasiano Gonzaga. Conceived as a place of his private life, it was completed by an Italian garden crossed by two avenues with a fountain in the center. In the rooms that make up the main floor there is a profusion of historical scenes and decorations frescoed by artists of the time, in which musical instruments appear.


creato:martedì 14 aprile 2020
modificato:martedì 14 aprile 2020